Don't be alarmed. You don't need an abundance amount of money to hire an attorney. In fact, with the oversaturation of lawyers, you are in a prime position to have one on retainer for a negotiated rate. And believe us, having a readily available attorney is in your best interested.
Here are some reasons an entrepreneur or small business should have an attorney from the beginning of their enterprise:
- Attorney's aren't only for court appearances. In fact, if you or your business are in court, it's too late. Your attorney will counsel you on a wide range of subjects. This means you have a business advisor and mentor steering you clear of bad faith actors, deals, or any illegality which may arise. Money spent on an attorney to help guide you at the beginning of your business venture is extremely less than the money spent on an attorney who appears before a judge on your behalf.
- Your attorney will advise you on how to incorporate your business, and prepare business contracts and legal agreements for employees, customers, and companies you may be in business with.
- Developing Strategic Relationships: An intelligent business attorney will help develop and secure strong intelligent alliances with potential investors and business partners.
- An attorney can have a tremendous affect on how your company is perceived. As someone once said, “perception is everything.”
- Debt Collection: At times, you will have money owed to you. Your attorney may be able to assist you.
- Compliance: Your attorney will know all the rules and regulations in your industry and guard you from the consequences of not complying.
If you are planning to start a company and would like advise, call us. Gasso Law will be your guide.